Korean J Anesthesiol Search

CLOSE


Korean J Anesthesiol > Volume 19(5); 1986 > Article
Korean Journal of Anesthesiology 1986;19(5):432-438.
DOI: https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.1986.19.5.432   
Evaluation and Analysis of Surgical Residents Dispatched to the Department of Anesthesiology.
Wyun Kon Park, Jong Rae Kim, Hung Kun Oh, Kwang Won Park, Chung Hyun Cho
Department of Anesthesiology, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea.
Abstract
The contribution of anesthesia has been one of the major factors in developing surgical procedures at present. Now anesthesia is an essential part for surgery. Understanding of anesthesia is necessary for the surgeon to do his uaual job and to solve anesthetic problems where the anesthesiologist is absent. Because of these necessities. several surgical departments have sent their residents for several months for rotation through anesthesiology although it is not long enough to learn and understand anesthesia practices. In 1975 we made a special form to evaluate the residents and have collected these from 1977 until 1985. Now we analyzed and evaluated these protocols. The number of residents rotating through our department in the last nine years were 174. Residents from obstetrics and gynecology were accounted for the greatest number and the decreasing order was general surgery, oral surgery(dental part), plastic surgery, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, and the urology department. The distribution of residents by their residential year of training numbered as follows: the 1st residential year numbered 122(70%), the 2nd 45(26%), the 3rd(4%), and there was none from the 4th residential grade. The number of anesthesias performed for the 9 years were 14,632 and the ratio between general and regional anesthesia was 10:l. All residents had thoughts that the rotation was very valuable(59%) and valuable(39%) totaling(98%). They wanted more chances to give regional anesthesia.
TOOLS
Share :
Facebook Twitter Linked In Line it
METRICS Graph View
  • 0 Crossref
  •    
  • 741 View
  • 0 Download


ABOUT
ARTICLE CATEGORY

Browse all articles >

BROWSE ARTICLES
AUTHOR INFORMATION
Editorial Office
101-3503, Lotte Castle President, 109 Mapo-daero, Mapo-gu, Seoul 04146, Korea
Tel: +82-2-792-5128    Fax: +82-2-792-4089    E-mail: journal@anesthesia.or.kr                

Copyright © 2023 by Korean Society of Anesthesiologists.

Developed in M2PI

Close layer
prev next